COVID-19 Village Information
VALLEY VILLAGE MEWS - COVID-19
Update: Masks, essential workers and restrictions.
- Masks must be worn by all residents and staff/essential personnel in the rec centre and public areas around the village at all times.
- All essential visitors/workers must report to reception for a temperature check, sign in and be wearing appropriate PPE (mask, gloves, etc) when in the village and units.
Please DO NOT enter the village for any purpose or reason if you have cold or flu symptoms no matter how minor they are.
- Please refer to the Victorian Government website here for the most up to date information regarding restrictions.
Managing the Risks.
We are closely monitoring and responding to the COVID-19 situation as it evolves in relation to the village. Our top priorities are the well-being and safety of our residents and staff and we are aligning with all relevant health authorities.
We have activated out Infection Diseases Procedures which is designed to respond to unexpected events like this pandemic. This includes:
- Closely monitoring updates from the Department of Health Organisation regarding COVID-19.
- Seeking daily guidance from government agencies and public health officials.
- Communicating with our residents and staff on changes in situations and procedures.
Protecting our residents and staff.
As our employees interact with each other and also with residents, we have taken steps to limit physical exposure around the village. This includes:
- Cancelling all group activities in the Community Centre.
- Maintaining safe physical distancing practices of 1.5+ metres.
- Regular hand washing, surface cleaning and general good hygiene.
- Having staff work separately as much as possible.
- Requesting residents do not enter another residents unit.
Residents have also been asked to stay indoors except for:
Shopping for essential items such as food and medicine.
Going to medical appointments.
Outdoor walks and whilst adhering to physical distancing measures of 1.5+ metres apart.
A single family member can visit the village for the following purposes:
Providing care and support.
Delivering food or medical supplies.
Taking family members to medical appointments.
*All visitors must be wearing a mask at all times.
*Nobody can enter the village if they are experiencing signs of cold, flu or fever.
Persons under the age of 16 years can also not enter the village at this time.
We are taking preventative action right now to minimise the future impact of this local and global health issue. We will continue to monitor both the physical and mental health of all our residents and staff as time progresses and provide updates as the situation evolves. Thank you for your understanding in these challenging times.
We're all in this together.
The Valley Village Mews management team.
Phone: (03) 9 793 3354
Fax: (03) 9793 7154